The bridge which spans the Blyde River just outside of Pilgrim’s Rest to the west, was named after J.S. Joubert, Mine Commissioner in the 1890s. The foundation stone has GB GILETTI as the contractor but Celso Giri, an Italian contractor who worked for the ZAR is also mentioned. It is constructed of local dolerite, initially planned for three stone arches of 9 m each but extended by one to the current four. It suffered storm damage to the eastern buttress in 1909 which was reconstructed. The bridge was proclaimed a National Monument in 1968, now a Provincial Heritage Resource in the Mpumalanga Province since 1999. It is still functional on the route from Pilgrims’ Rest to Orighstad.