Barberton – Stopforth house


The original house and outbuildings were constructed in 1886 by James Stopforth, a baker and general dealer, originally from England and later from Pilgrim’s Rest. In 1892 the house was rebuilt. It was occupied by the Stopforth family from 1886 until 1983 and is furnished with the original furniture and household articles used by the Stopforth family between 1886 and 1914.