Barberton – Museum

In 1898 the nucleus of the museum collection was already established when Mr. Otto Elkan donated a collection of, among other things, quartz and other mineral specimens, and natural history curios, which were displayed in the Carnegie Library.
From these humble beginnings the Museum now consists of a Main Museum where the Geology and Mining, Swazi history and general history of Barberton are displayed