In 1911 the Ermelo church council agreed, in principle, that Chrissiemeer should have its own church (until this time it was a country district of the NG Church at Ermelo) and on condition that the building cost would not exceed six hundred and fifty pounds. It would always only be a church building for the Chrissiesmeer area and not be a separate community. Ds Paul Nel from Ermelo laid the corner stone on the 1st May 1912. The inscription read: Ned. Herv. Ephesians 2 verse 20.
The church was used for service the following year. Initially nagmaal was only held twice a year, but no confirmations could take place here.
In 1925 they applied to form a separate congregation and in 1926 it was approved. The first full time minister was Ds DR van der Meulen – at an annual salary of 400 pounds.
At the time of the Depression the church and the congregation struggled financially to keep its head above water, but in the course of time circumstances improved, the congregation grew and new bigger church building could be considered. The new church building, on the stand apposite the old one, was dedicated in 1951 and thereafter the old building was converted into a congregation hall. Later additions and renovations converted into a big useful kitchen and cloakrooms.